• White sandy beaches at the private Cabana Club just steps from Tad's Place.
• Marathon Airport has several flights a week to Fort Jefferson and the Dry Tortugas.
• Snorkel or dive Sombrero Reef, Coffins Patch or the shipwreck Thunderbolt.
• Visit Sombrero public Beach for a cookout with friends.
• Wonderful local restaurants like the Key's Fishery and Annette's Seafood.
• History lovers will be pleased with the shrine for those who built the overseas railroad.
• Catch a movie at the Marathon Cinema.
• Key West is just a 40-minute drive west of Captain Tad's. Enjoy the nightlife, attractions and shopping of the Southernmost City. Check out this Visitor's Guide to Key West for the best of attractions, recreation, restaurants and festivals. Of course there is nothing like fishing off Key West! The Key West charters are world class -- whether you are headed out to the Gulfstream for deep sea fishing or need a light tackle or flats fishing guide for the Key West backcountry -- and the dolphin watch/swim charters are one of the most popular attractions in the Southernmost City. Our favorites are with Captain Seaweed - her dog loves to swim with the dolphin and they love her - and dolphin tours with Captain Victoria! If you come to play, but decide to stay, search the MLS for Key West real estate with Marquis Properties.
Get acquainted with Southernmost City with the Conch Tour Train, a delightful open air tour of Key West that is perfect for an overview of the attractions. Or hop on the Key West Trolley Tours --you can get on and off at each stop and make it a day of shopping and sightseeing. Key West's historic homes include the Hemingway House, Harry S. Truman's Little White House and the Southermost House which is now a lovely oceanfront bed and breakfast at the quiet of Duval Street. Our favorite day trip on the water is to the desert islands of the Dry Tortugas and the civil war era Fort Jefferson. These keys are a popular destination for birders, campers, snorkelers, and Civil War History buffs.
Key Colony Beach, Florida Keys Vacations Rentals :: Marathon Fishing :: Florida Keys Attractions
Latest Fishing Photos :: Fishing Picture Gallery
Copyright © 2009 Tad's Place.